I love ice cream, and when the weather was hot I always used to drive to my local ice cream parlour and grab a scoop of their cherry amaretto flavour. I would take my dog, Holly, and as she got older and didn’t have as much excitement in her life, I would treat her and let her have a tiny scoop of vanilla ice cream. Probably not the greatest thing, but as she got slower and a little tired I wanted her to enjoy life – it was our little secret. Now, if Holly were around today she would likely turn her nose up at my latest offering – she’d eat anything but health food, but I promise you it is delicious.
If like me (and Holly) you could happily eat ice cream all day err’ day but you don’t because you know it’s not great for you, you’re in luck. This ice cream has only four ingredients and is the perfect late night fix for a sweet tooth. “Ice cream” made from bananas is nothing new to me or anyone else, but I’ve been tweaking my usual base recipe and making it peanut butter flavoured. Never going back! Here’s how to make it:
- Cut your banana into discs and freeze
- Once frozen, place in a food processor or blender
- Add a tablespoon of peanut butter and stevia (or other sweetener) if necessary – super ripe bananas will be naturally very sweet
- Add a little almond milk – I love to add chocolate almond milk!
- Blend until smooth
- Serve up as is, or place back in the freezer for 20 minutes for a true ice cream texture!
For more beauty, fashion, lifestyle & health related ramblings and recipes don’t forget to subscribe to my youtube channels. beauty/fashion & lifestyle here, video diaries here, health & recipes here.
If you’d like to see your website here or advertise on the site, click here for more details. Prices start from just £16