Getting The Vegan Kind boxes each month is honestly a bit of a highlight for me. I have two other subscription services (razors and coffee) but they are essentials and this is my little treat to myself every 4 weeks. I love discovering new brands, trying products from ones I already love and unwrapping a little mystery parcel. I say this every time I unbox them (I usually show these over on my food YouTube channel) but I have never been disappointed by a single box, and I would recommend them to anyone, regardless of their dietary preferences. If you like food, and you like to try new things, you should give it a whirl!
This month’s box is made up of my favourite things: nuts, popcorn, chocolate, peanut butter, tea and beauty products. That seriously couldn’t be a better mix of items for me, here’s the lowdown on what was in there…
- Eat Chic box of two dark chocolate peanut butter cups (£3) I’ve had this brand in the past and I really enjoyed the tasty treats from the East London based artisan chocolatier. One of these is topped with malden sea salt and the other is garnished with dried coconut and even contains coconut peanut butter inside. You can’t see me right now but I look like the heart eyes emoji.
- Chikas Sea Salt & Black Pepper Cashews (£1.89) I’m nuts about nuts, and cashews are my absolute favourite, closely followed by pistachios. I love to have either nuts or a snack bar in my bag for when hunger strikes (nobody likes hangry Gemma) so these will go straight in my handbag. These are lightly toasted and salt and pepper never goes out of style.
- Ombar Centres Coconut & Vanilla (£1.99) I’ve been a big Ombar fan since we moved to London in 2012. The health food shop on the same road as our flat stocked the whole range and I developed a bit of a habit to say the least (Goji Berry was my favourite) Ever since we moved back up North I’ve tracked them down again and I’ve developed a love of their chocolate buttons. I’ve never had these ‘centres’ bars though, so I’m super excited to try this and I’m saving this for Sunday afternoon with a cup of coffee, post walking the dog! This has a coconut and vanilla centre and is covered in chocolate – TVK team say it’s like a smoother Bounty bar and I’m looking like that heart eyes emoji again…
- Ten Acre Sour Cream & Chive Popcorn (80p) I have a confession to make, I have already demolished this bag of popcorn and it’s the best savoury kind I’ve ever had! Ten Acre have some seriously creative flavours and I’m quite partial to their crisps, but this is really next level popcorn, I need to get my hands on more of this! Matt loved it too.
- Human+Kind Grapefruit Shampoo & Body Wash (£6) We had another Human+Kind item in a previous box and I absolutely loved it, right down to the beautiful packaging. They are great at multi-tasking products and this is good for hair and body, smelling delicious to boot. I think I will keep this in my gym bag to save carrying two items, and whilst I can’t usually get away with using body wash on my hair, this is sulphate free so I’m definitely going to give it a whirl!
- TG Green tea Teabags (£4.29) Although I drink my body weight in Yorkshire tea every day, I also love green tea, I even have special mugs to drink it from, too far? These pyramid bags are filled with ethically sourced green tea and infused with ginger and lemon zest which sounds absolutely delicious. Put the kettle on!
Box cost – £10
Box value – £17.97
Have you tried any of these items or brands before? What is your favourite treat to you, from you?
Like this post? Share it!